Let Your Lives Speak at Sandy Spring Friends School.
Sandy Spring Friends School (SSFS) is a progressive, coed, college preparatory Quaker school for students age 3 through Grade 12. Our pastoral 140-acre campus is in the heart of Montgomery County, Maryland, midway between Washington, DC, and Baltimore.
Our motto, "Let Your Lives Speak." expresses our philosophy of educating all aspects of a person so that their life—in all of its facets—can reveal the unique strengths within.
Our School is known for our:
- welcoming, inquiry-based learning community
- challenging academic curriculum
- arts program and inclusive athletics
- service opportunities, local and abroad
- dynamic teachers, who serve as partners in the learning process
- Quaker values, known as Quaker “SPICES”: Simplicity, Peace, Integrity, Community, Equality, Stewardship of the Earth
SSFS students are engaged in the learning process; enjoy the integration of academics, arts, and athletics; and seek to become constructive, caring and effective citizens of the world.