Volunteer Information and Sign-Up
Thank you for your support of FriendsFest 2019!
Community participation is what make this special event possible. Below please find information on how you can support FriendsFest!
Questions? Please email FriendsFest Committee Clerk Nicole Carey (P '24).
- Artisans Market - Yarnall Gym & Science Wing
- Bake Sale - Yarnall Lobby
- Coffee House - Yarnall Library
- Dad's Diner - Westview Cafeteria
- Pie Eating Contest - Outdoor Amphitheater
- Pies, Greens, and Turkeys
- WildeFest - Athletic Center 9:45 AM - 1:00 PM
Featuring local artisans and SSFS student vendors! Browse the Artisans Market for handcrafted, locally made gifts including art, pottery, food, and more. Are you interested in being a vendor or know a vendor who would be a great addition to the 2019 Artisans Market? Click here to complete a registration form!
The annual Scholastic book sale is geared toward Lower School and Middle School students. Find your child's wish list and pick out a book for your child's class! Volunteers will be needed to organize and work the book sale on November 9. Adult volunteers, please sign up using the Parents and Friends Volunteer Sign-up Form; Upper School students, please sign up HERE.
Enjoy baked goods, coffee, hot chocolate, and live music performed by SSFS students, parents, and friends. Volunteers will be needed to work the baked goods table and coordinate performers. Adult volunteers, please sign up using the Parents and Friends volunteer sign-up form; Upper School student volunteers, please sign up HERE; Coffee House performers, please select a time slot HERE.
Chili, sandwiches, waffles, and more! Adult and Upper School student volunteers will be needed for set-up, cooking, and sales; fifth grade volunteers will be needed to bus Dad's Diner tables. Please volunteer using the Parents and Friends Volunteer Sign-up Form!
Building upon the excitement of the first pie eating contest in 2017, this year's contest will feature Wildebeest (adults and Upper School students), Junior Beest (Middle School students) and Mini Beest (Lower School students) competitions. Volunteers will be needed to order pies and organize the contest. Volunteers, please sign up HERE; participants, please register HERE.
WildeFest 2019: SSFS Athletic Center ~ 9:45 AM - 1:00 PM
Formerly know as Fun with Frosty, WildeFest offers children crafts, games, movies, and climbing wall activities as well as the annual "Secret Shop" where children can get a head start on their holiday shopping with $1 gifts for family and friends.
WildeFest 2019 Activities
9:45 AM drop-off begins
Crafts, games, movie and popcorn
Secret Shop! Kids can visit and purchase small gifts for family and friends. Kids will be wrapped on the spot so everything stays a surprise!
1:00 PM pick-up
Wildefest 2019 Registration
WildeFest registrations are $15 for the first child and and $10 for each additional child before 11/1/19; $20 for the first child and $10 for each additional child after 11/1/19 and at the door. Each child's registration includes a WildeFest t-shirt! Register children for WildeFest HERE.
Volunteering for WildeFest 2019
WildeFest volunteer roles include:
- WildeFest Clerk: organize event coordinators in the Athletic Center, communicate with volunteers and proper channels in order make sure events are planned and carried out in a timely manner.
- Climbing Wall volunteers: help supervise climbing wall activities
- Gym activities volunteers: supervise soccer and basketball games
- Multi-purpose room volunteers: supervise movie/popcorn activity for younger children
- Secret Shop: organize donations, set up, and supervise cashiers and gift wrappers
- Arts and Crafts: set up and supervise children's arts and crafts
- Volunteer to help WildeFest using the Parents and Friends Volunteer Sign-up Form!