After School Programs
The Lower School is partnering with Kids After Hours (KAH) for After Care. Highlights of KAH include:
- Extended hours to 6:30 pm
- Themed monthly activities
- Full Day (8-4) care on professional days and professional development days when there are no classes for Lower School students
- Full Day (8-4) care for the SSFS spring break week and some of winter break
- Care on inclement weather closing days if Montgomery County Administrative offices are open
After-school clubs offer a variety of interesting opportunities for students to explore and expand extracurricular interests.
Our clubs meet for 7-8 weeks and are offered in three sessions - fall, winter and spring. A snack is provided each week to all students. Clubs meet one day a week.
At the end of the club session students not regularly enrolled in Kids After Hours must be promptly picked-up.
Students regularly enrolled in Kids After Hours will be escorted to the Kids After Hours (KAH) facility at the end of the club session. The maximum enrollment of each club is determined by the teacher based on the subject, time, and resources available.