Lower School Student Leadership
SPARK: Student Government
SPARK is the Lower School student leadership group. Students from the fourth and fifth grades are nominated and selected by their peers to serve as the student leaders of the Lower School and to represent the Lower School in all-school student leadership meetings and assemblies for one academic year. SPARK meets approximately twice a month with the Lower School Head and faculty sponsors.
As a member of SPARK, students are asked to help the Lower School community by:
- Expanding on the Quaker themes by developing child-friendly queries
- Convening Meeting for Worship in the Meetinghouse periodically.
- Listening to schoolmates and bringing suggestions and concerns forward.
- Proposing ways to celebrate community and promote school spirit.
- Assisting with Admissions’ Open Houses, Grandfriends Day and other special events.