Living At SSFS
At Sandy Spring Friends School, our community offers a perfect balance between school and family.
Sandy Spring Friends School offers 5-day and 7-day boarding options for U.S. students and international students.
Whether a student resides on-campus in our dormitory or with a carefully selected host family, they will find a perfect balance between school and family. Both living arrangements provide a safe, supportive, and welcoming environment that provides security while encouraging personal responsibility and self-advocacy.
Regardless of where a student lives, they remain an important part of the culture and community at Sandy Spring and are invited to participate in all events and programs on campus.
The benefits of living at SSFS include:
- Individual attention for every student
- Skills needed to prepare for college or university
- Independence and self-confidence
- Friendships and memories that will last a lifetime
- Continuous support for academic and personal success
- Weekend activities including trips to nearby major cities
- A safe, peaceful setting that promotes learning and community service
of the 280 students in the Upper School are boarders.
Different languages spoken in our dorm.
countries represented in the SSFS Upper School community.
Dormitories on the SSFS Campus.
Weekend trips for our seven-day boarders that focus on community and global service.