With construction of the new Upper School beginning, the MS traffic circle is getting used more than ever as a campus drop off/pick up location. We thought it would be helpful to review the circle procedures in order to ensure everyone’s well-being and to keep the line moving along quickly. Please remember that there is more traffic at the beginning and end of the day than any other time, and safety is our main priority.
- Please wait your turn to drop off, even if the line is moving slowly. The line begins along the outside of the circle. Passing traffic moves though the interior.
- The circle is designed as a quick drop off location. The more prepared your child is to leave with all of their belongings, the quicker the line will move. If your child needs extra time to assemble their items or needs to make multiple trips, please park in an appropriate parking lot.
- Please do not create a “doublewide” drop off line. The drop off lane is only designed to be single file.
- Please wait your turn to pick up, even if the line is moving slowly. The line begins along the outside of the circle. Passing traffic moves through the interior.
- If you see your child, please do not
- Pass other families waiting in line and double park in the drop off line, unless instructed to do so.
- Pass other families waiting in line to occupy the first or second space unless instructed to do so.
- Direct your child to walk across traffic to come to your vehicle.
- When buses come through, all traffic is frozen. Buses operate on tight schedule and are given priority for the few seconds that they come through the circle.
A member of the MS team tries to be a presence at the MS circle as much as possible. Please pay attention to any directions you may be given and follow the above guidelines even when an adult is not present. If everyone cooperates, we can ensure that we maintain an efficient and safe process for all.