Only a few days away until the MLK Day of Service--January 21, 2019! Join us and bring a friend as we come together as a community to serve those who are in need. There will be service projects and activities for all ages. Please RSVP here so we know about how many people to expect for the Community Breakfast.
As a reminder, we are still collecting items for Comfort Cases such as backpacks, coloring books, crayons etc. Click here to see the full list of items needed.
MLK Day of Service Book Audit in SSFS Library
This service project continues the book audit in the library that was started by Elizabeth Thornton and a group of parents at the end of last school year. Volunteers will review, sort and tag books in a designated section of the library. This project will provide the library team with deeper data about the cultural content of the library collection. Kids accompanying parents will do a separate activity. Click here to volunteer for this project!
Schedule of the Day
- 10:00-10:45 am - Community Breakfast in Westview (Please RSVP here so we know about how many people to expect)
- 10:45-11:00 am - Introductions and Overview of the day
- 11:00-1:00 pm - Break out into service projects
- 1:30-2:00 pm - Reconvene and adjourn
Service Projects and Locations:
- Smart Sacks Packing--Westview
- Shepard’s Table--Westview
- Comfort Cases-Studio B (PAC)
- Pet Treats--MS Collection Space
- Linus Blanket Project--Yarnall Library
- Operation Gratitude-- Clifton
- Library Book Audit--Yarnall Library: Click here to RSVP for this project