Hawkeye, the MS facility dog, has become an integral part of our Middle School program. From greeting students at morning carpool, to playing catch at recess, to walking with students who are stressed, Hawkeye has been a calm, comforting presence that has brought joy with every interaction.
Recently, students reflected on how Hawkeye has been helping them. Here are a few of their thoughts:
- “Hawkeye puts a smile on my face everyday. His joy is contagious!”
- “I enjoy seeing Hawkeye at school. I feel relaxed any time I pet him.”
- “Always caring and always puts a smile on my classmates' faces.”
- “Hawkeye makes me feel awesome. He is so calm and well-behaved.”
- “Hawkeye helps me with my anxiety.”
A new Middle School winter elective, “Hawkeye’s Hangouts,” offers MS students an opportunity to play with Hawkeye and learn more about his training.