Inquiry Guides FAQs
- What are Inquiry Guides?
- Where are the Online Library Resources for SSFS?
- What devices can students borrow from the library?
- Are parents able to check out books?
- What are the library hours?
The library and educational technology specialists, known at SSFS as Inquiry Guides (or IG Team for short), guide the SSFS community of learners in becoming caring and intentional users of ideas and information. We teach classes at every grade in the Lower School with a curriculum involving Making, Information Literacy, and Technology. In the Middle School, we teach two classes in the Arts rotation. In the Upper School (and at all levels), we collaborate with faculty in their classrooms.
There is a “Library Resource Page” icon at the top of the Student Portal Page (Springers Login > Students). Clicking on this password-protected link will direct users to the Library Resources section of the website, where there are links and access to the online library catalog, research databases, guides to online research and citing sources, and class-specific resources as applicable.
- Chromebooks are available for check out during the school day. These are useful for when a battery dies! These are meant for short-term checkout. Technology has a loaner program if a long-term use is needed.
- Kindles are available for two-week check out. Kindles can be loaded with both eBooks as well as Audiobooks if your student has a need or desire for an alternative to reading a physical book.