- When can my child begin playing a sport at SSFS?
- Where do I find the game and transportation schedule for my child’s team?
- Who do I contact for...?
- Are there cuts for athletic teams?
- What SSFS sports teams are offered?
- My child participates in a sport not offered by SSFS outside of school. Can they get a sports credit for their participation?
- If my Upper School child does not play on traditional sports teams, how can they meet their physical education graduation requirement?
- How many PE/Sport credits does my Upper School child need to graduate?
Team schedules can be found on the School website under Athletics > Teams and Schedules. Select the Upper School or Middle School tab, then click your child’s team. Double-clicking on an individual game in the schedule provides additional details about game time, location, transportation, and a link to directions if away. Please keep in mind that return times listed are estimates only. Team schedules are updated seasonally. All changes due to weather are typically decided by noon of the day of the game; changes are then posted online, and communicated to team members and parents/guardians via email.
Upper School Athletics and Intramurals:
Steve Powers (Athletics Director)
Middle School Athletics:
Karen Cronin (MS Sports Coordinator)
Athletic related injuries or health concerns:
Julie Tucker (Athletic Trainer)
Physical Education/Off-Campus Sport Participation Credit:
Amanda Hill (PE Department Head)
For 2019-2020, the Middle School offers baseball, softball, basketball, cross-country, lacrosse, soccer, track and field, and volleyball. In the Upper School, teams include baseball, basketball, cross-country, golf, ice hockey (a consortium team), lacrosse, rock climbing, soccer, track and field, and volleyball. Please keep in mind that teams can change due to numbers of participants.
There are several PE and intramural course offerings available during the school day and after school that will fulfill the sports credit requirement. Please see the Upper School Curriculum Guide for details.