- Are there parent volunteer opportunities in the Admissions Office?
- How can my family find out more about other/upcoming divisions at SSFS?
- Do siblings of current students receive any special consideration in the admissions process?
- My financial situation has recently changed. Whom should I talk to about financial aid for the coming year?
YES! Prospective parents greatly value speaking with our current families. If you would be willing to participate in a campus tour at an Open House or Discover Day, or provide contact information so that a prospective family can reach out to speak with you, please let us know by stopping by Scott House or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also share information about SSFS admission events and Open House/Discover Days with friends and family, and/or on your local listserv. Dates and times for admissions events are listed below and available online at Admission > Visit & Learn More.
Fifth grade and eighth grade students have scheduled shadow visit days in the Middle and Upper School, where they sit in on classes and spend a day in their upcoming division with a current SSFS student host. Parents are encouraged to come to our Fall Open House and Discover Days throughout the year to hear more from faculty, staff, students, and parents in that division. To find out more about our Preschool/Kindergarten classrooms, parents are invited to our Preschool/Kindergarten Snapshot Days in November, where parents have an opportunity to speak with teachers, administrators, and other parents and see our program in action while your little learner has an opportunity to explore our preschool and kindergarten classrooms. Finally, there are also special evening events introducing families to their upcoming division scheduled during the school year. Though these MS and US info nights are geared mostly towards 5th grade and 8th grade families, all are welcome.
The dates for all these admissions events are listed below, and may be found online under Admission > Visit & Learn More. Of course, you are always welcome and encouraged to reach out to the division heads, and to the admissions director for the grade you are interested in finding more about, as well.
Parent Info Nights:
Tues, Oct. 1: Info Night for Rising 9th Grade Families, 6:45-8:30 pm, PAC - Studio B
Tues, Nov. 5: Middle School Information Night, 6:30-8:00 pm, Middle School
Fall Open House:
Sun, Oct. 20, 1:00-3:30 pm
Preschool/Kindergarten Snapshot Days:
Tues, Nov. 12, 9:00-10:00 am
Tues, Nov. 19: 9:00-10:00 am
Discover Days, 8:15-11:00 am:
Mon, Nov. 11
Tues, Dec. 3
Wed, Jan. 8
Fri, Feb. 21
Wed, Apr. 1
Tues, May 19
Contact Your Division’s Admission Representative:
- Ashaki Todman, Director of Lower School Admissions (Preschool - Grade 5): email@example.com, 301.774.7455 x106
- Tony McCudden, Director of Enrollment Management, Grades 6-12 (Day Students): firstname.lastname@example.org, 301.774.7455 x182
- Bill Mena, Director of International and Boarding Program, Grades 6-12: email@example.com, 301-774-7455 x163
Please contact Dawn Griffith, Director of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301.774.7455 x231. The financial aid application deadline for current families is Dec. 1, 2019. More information and FAQs about the Financial Aid process may be found online under Admissions > Tuition and Financial Aid.