Join us for our 2023 Fall Open House!
Sunday, October 22, 2023 • 1:00-3:30 PM
Considering a new school comes with plenty of questions. The best answers often come from experiencing the environment in person. That's why we are thrilled to invite you to our Sandy Spring Friends School (SSFS) Open House!
Picture this: a welcoming environment where diverse thoughts and actions flourish, a campus where tranquil moments converge with dynamic learning, and a community that holds simplicity, peace, integrity, equity, and stewardship as essential principles.
Come, be a part of our Open House and witness how we stand apart:
- Listen and connect with our Head of School and Division Heads, who will provide insight into the mission of SSFS and our deep belief that belonging is more than a word—it's a transformative experience that ignites authentic learning and nurtures lasting curiosity.
- Engage firsthand with students, faculty/staff, and parents/guardians as they offer an authentic glimpse into life at SSFS. Discover the diverse perspectives contributing to our learning community.
- Learn how our student-centered educational approach, guided by "QRA"(Question, Reflection, Action), instills critical thinking, promotes inquiry, integrates knowledge, and transforms learning into meaningful action.
- Uncover our 140-acre campus—with a thriving educational farm, scenic cross-country trails, and old growth forest—that inspires experiential learning, fosters personal growth, and kindles a lifelong passion for acquiring knowledge far beyond the conventional classroom.
- Explore and ask questions regarding the SSFS curriculum, the Quaker education approach, or daily life on campus. Your curiosity is welcome, and our community members will provide understandable and accessible answers to help guide your school-selection journey.
Rest assured, we're meticulously preparing to make this event enjoyable and rewarding for you. So, get ready to explore, learn, and have fun. We can't wait to see you!