Our Athletics Program
At Sandy Spring Friends School, our athletics program focuses on creating balance and developing skills that will help on and off the field. As students participate in sports and physical education, they learn how to set long-term goals and be dedicated to them, learn how to problem solve in the midst of pressure-filled situations, and learn to recognize the importance of honest effort, competition, contribution, and sportsmanship.
'Beests Athletics Quick Facts
2 gymnasiums—including an Athletic Complex with a fitness center and 40-foot climbing wall—plus 3 athletic fields, and 6 miles of cross-country trails.
33 Interscholastic Sports Teams in the Middle and Upper School.
Inclusive, non-competitive options provided to our students.
Full-time Athletic Trainer
Our Middle School and Upper School student athletes compete in the Potomac Valley Athletic Conference (PVAC).
Recent team championships and banners (from 2022-2023) include:
- Women’s Soccer PVAC League Champions
- Goucher invitational Cross Country Champions
- MS Boys Cross Country PVAC Champions
- MS Volleyball PVAC Champions
- JV Men’s Basketball PVAC League Champions
- Varsity Men’s Basketball PVAC League Champions
- Varsity Men’s Basketball Ben Uzzell Champions
- Varsity Women’s Covenant Life Invitational Champions
- MS Girls Basketball PVAC Champions
- JV Men’s Basketball PVAC Champions
- Varsity Men’s Basketball PVAC Champions
- Women’s Swimming PVAC Champions
- Varsity Women’s Softball PVAC League Champions
- MS Boys PVAC Track and Field Champions
- MS Girls PVAC Track and Field Champions
- Varsity Men’s Baseball PVAC Champions
- Varsity Women’s Track & Field PVAC Champions
- Varsity Men’s Track & Field PVAC Champions
Assistant Athletic Director, MS Sports Coordinator,
MS PE Teacher
PE Department Chair (PK3-12), PE Teacher, Strength & Conditioning Coach
Athletic Trainer, MS Faculty - Health Teacher
MS PE Teacher, Outdoor Education Coordinator
PE Teacher & Coach
PE Teacher & Coach