The SSFS Admissions Team is excited to provide you with opportunities to hear from our community, see our campus, and discover if Sandy Spring Friends School is the right school for you.
SSFS Fall Open House | Sunday, October 24, 2021
Lower School (Preschool Age 3 - Grade 5): 12 pm - 2 pm1
Middle & Upper School (Grades 6-12): Timed entries - 2 pm & 3 pm2
Limited space is available, RSVP today to reserve your space at our Open House!
1Lower School families should arrive at 11:50 am for registration. The Lower School Open House experience will begin at 2 pm, and last for approximately 2 hours.
2Middle & Upper School families should arrive 10 minutes before their entry time. The Middle & Upper School Open House experience will last for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Join us for our Open House, and you will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in guided story-telling tours to see our campus and to learn about what makes our educational experience distinctly Sandy Spring.
- Connect with our students, parents, faculty, and staff and learn what makes SSFS a place of belonging
- Hear from our Head of School about our students' and families' transformative experience
- Ask your questions to our community that will help you in your journey to finding the right school
Due to current COVID-19 safety precautions and protocols in place at SSFS, attendance at our in-person Fall Open Houses will be limited.
Lower and Middle School Families:
- Up to two parents/guardians may attend the Open House event.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to host Lower or Middle School prospective students at our Open Houses at this time.
Upper School Families:
- Up to two attendees may attend the Open House event.
- This may include two parents/guardians, or one parent/guardian and one prospective student.
- All attendees must be 13 years of age or older.
EDUCATING THE CONSCIENCE TO ACT.
Fostering compassionate, critical thinkers who lead exemplary lives.
At Sandy Spring Friends School we question, we reflect, and we act on knowledge learned both in and out of the classroom in ways that foster critical thinking and empower us to make the world a better place. Our motto, "Let Your Lives Speak," expresses our philosophy of educating all aspects of a person so that their life—in all of its facets—can reveal the unique strengths within. As a Quaker School, underlying all that we do is a commitment to the Quaker values of simplicity, equality, honesty, respect, peaceful resolution of conflict, and community involvement. Our values-based education, paired with our strong academic program, allows our students to take what they learn and apply it in useful and meaningful ways.
SANDY SPRING FRIENDS SCHOOL IS KNOWN FOR:
- Students and teachers leading and learning together
- A dynamic, rigorous curriculum centered on real world questions
- Experiential education as Dewey envisioned it: relevant, applicable, and aspirational
- Transformation: You are a product of continuing revelation
- Creating a place of belonging for all our families