Financial Aid FAQs
We want to make our financial aid process as easy as possible for our families. Watch our Financial Aid Video—which covers many of the key steps to the process—or review the answers to our most commonly asked questions.
- What is Sandy Spring Friends School's Financial Aid Policy?
- How are financial aid awards determined at SSFS?
- Should our family apply for financial aid?
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- What are the deadlines for the 2020-2021 school year?
- Is there financial aid available for late applicants (those who submit an admission application after January 15, 2020)?
- Who is awarded aid?
- How does Sandy Spring Friends School process financial aid applications if the parents are separated or divorced? If a parent is divorced and remarries, is the new spouse required to contribute to the student’s education?
- Must both parents be employed to receive financial aid?
- What are the payment options?
- What if my financial situation changes?
- When will I be notified about my child's financial aid award?
- Do I have to apply every year?