Life on Campus
Sandy Spring students enjoy the benefits of a small private school feel with a big-campus setting. Our campus provides the perfect natural classroom for our students to explore the wonders of nature, and it allows our teachers the freedom to expand learning beyond the traditional four walls.
Our 140-acre, peaceful school campus includes:
- Academic and administrative buildings
- The historic Meeting House
- Student housing
- Faculty residences
- State-of-the-art performing arts center
- Athletics center featuring a fitness center and a 40-feet high climbing wall
- Sports fields
- Swimming pond
- A Community Farm and Garden
- A network of hiking and running trails
- Adventure Park – the nation’s largest forest climbing park!
We are a community of scholars, athletes, performers, artists, thinkers, and leaders! In addition to our program’s focus on strong academics, we place a high value on the student experience, all of which adds to our safe, diverse and caring community – a community that endures beyond graduation.
Our proximity to Washington, D.C. means that we have access to a wide variety of fun weekend events for our seven-day boarders. Weekend activities focus on community and global service, cultural exploration and celebration, and building healthy social relationships. Trips to the nation’s capital and surrounding area include visits to museums, the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, sports games, and cultural events like the Renaissance Festival and Taste of D.C., just to name a few.