Revealing the Unique Strengths of Our Students.
Inquire now to find out how Sandy Spring Friends School identifies and cultivates each student's social, intellectual, and extracurricular passions.
Why Sandy Spring Friends School?
Sandy Spring Friends School students are engaged in the learning process; enjoy the integration of academics, arts, and athletics; and seek to become constructive, caring and effective citizens of the world.
- 150 exceptional faculty and staff serve as lifelong mentors to our students and emphasize collaboration through our QRA (Question, Reflection, Action) model of learning.
- 140-acre campus, including 2 solar fields, and a community farm that supplies produce for lunches.
- 19 countries represented by our international student population in the Middle and Upper School, allowing for diverse perspectives and a global community of learners.
- 2 gymnasiums, including an Athletic Complex with a fitness center and 40-foot climbing walls plus playing fields and 6 miles of cross-country trails.
- 15 domestic and international trips offered in the Middle and Upper School.
- 15 theater performances each year across the Lower, Middle, and Upper School.
I chose Sandy Spring Friends School because there’s an emphasis on educating all aspects of a person. The teachers are great, and if a student decides they want to go to an ivy league, the resources are here for them to get that opportunity. But, the focus is not on that outcome. Instead, the school offers the liberty and the support to be authentic to yourself, and excel at it. If you want to go off and make music, or become an engineer, or take a gap year to go to Spain, all these things are encouraged at Sandy Spring Friends School because it’s about the pursuit of meeting your full potential.Pierre B.