Academic Year Plus Summer
SSFS Academic Year + Summer Camp Contract
Preschool (Age 3) - Grade 3 families will have the convenience of signing up for school and camp at the same time when they enroll, providing their child with a full year of learning and fun at Sandy Spring Friends School (September-June) and Summer at Sandy Spring camp (June - August). Highlights of this optional program include:
- A convenient transition from the school year through the summer for students in Preschool (Age 3)-Grade 3
- 8 weeks of fun and friendship at our well-established Summer at Sandy Spring camp program on the SSFS campus (see the camp website for more information about our Friends Camps, a typical day at camp, and more)
- Camp dates run June 17 through August 9
- Camp hours are 9 am – 4 pm
- A hot lunch and snacks are included each day
- Extended day programs, bus service, and summer academic enrichment classes are also available for an additional fee.
- Download FAQs about the program here, or see below.
- Questions? Contact Liza Long, Director of Admissions, Grades PK-6
The deadline to sign up for this option is May 17, 2019.
- What is the cost?
- What is the deadline to sign up for this option?
- What items are NOT included in the academic year + summer camp contract option fee?
- Which weeks during the summer are NOT covered under the academic year + summer camp contract?
- What are the age requirements for students who wish to participate in this option?
- How do I sign up for the extended contract?
- I am interested in the program, but we may be out of town for a week or so during the summer. Will there be any discounts available if I am unable to attend a week or two of the summer camps?
- Is financial aid available under this extended year contract?
The option to include summer camp in your SSFS contract is available for families with students who will be entering Preschool (age 3) through 3rd grade in the fall of 2019. Your child MUST be three years old by the start of camp (June 17) to participate. If your child will turn three after this date, you should select the regular academic year option, and register online separately for Summer at Sandy Spring for the weeks after which your child turns three.
- First: After admission, select the “Academic Year Plus Camp” option in your enrollment contract.
- Second: you will need to log in or create a summer camp account on the Summer at Sandy Spring Camp Registration page.
- Third: select all 8 weeks of camp, and then select the payment option “Pay with credit from 2019.” Once you have submitted your registration, we will go into your account and apply the discount to reflect the $2000.00 Academic Plus Summer program fee. (Once enrolled, Intermediate Friends Camp participants should also select morning and afternoon camp workshop options.)
The academic year + summer camp contract does not have a prorated option; therefore, we are unable to deduct the cost of weeks missed. If you will miss some of the weeks during the summer due to travel, the regular academic year contract may be the best option, and you may register for individual weeks of camp through the Summer at Sandy Spring website.
Financial aid is available during the school year for students in grades K-3, but no additional financial aid is available for camp beyond the 25% discount that automatically applies with this extended contract. Please contact Director of Financial Aid Dawn Griffith if you have additional questions.