Preschool Extended Care
Here at Sandy Spring Friends School, we’re committed to fostering a sense of belonging for all students, and that isn’t limited to the confines of the school day. If your family needs extended care, we’ve got you covered. Before care is provided by SSFS Lower School faculty and staff at no cost. Additionally, SSFS offers an optional, on-campus aftercare service, run by a partner that understands our culture and gets to know each student as an individual: Kids After Hours (KAH).
Lower School Before Care, provided by our very own faculty and staff, is available at no cost for any student from 7:30 to 8:00 AM. Parents/Guardians drop off students in front of Walbrooke/Breiling, the main Lower School building, where they are greeted by Lower School faculty. Weather permitting, the students are supervised on the Lower School playground. In the event of inclement weather, students gather in a Lower School classroom where they can visit with friends, read, draw, or play games. Registration is not required for Before Care services.
Kids After Hours (KAH) provides a safe, supportive, and fun environment for SSFS preschool through 5th-grade students, from the moment the school day ends until 6:30 PM. Highlights of the Lower School KAH After Care program include:
- Extended hours to 6:30 PM
- Themed monthly activities
- Full Day (7:30 AM–5:30 PM) care on professional days and early dismissal professional development afternoons when there are no classes for Lower School students
- Full Day (8-4) care for SSFS' Spring Break and a portion of Winter Break at Cloverly Elementary
- Care on inclement weather closing days if Montgomery County Administrative Offices are open at Cloverly Elementary
Lower School Aftercare Fees
Lower School Aftercare fees depend on the number of days your student is registered. Visit KAH’s online fee calculator to determine the rate for your family’s desired number of days per week. A drop-in, pay-as-you-go arrangement is also an option!
Financial aid is available for Aftercare—up to 50% of the cost. Learn more about need-based financial aid at SSFS.