Preschool Extended Care
Sandy Spring Friends School offers reliable and convenient before- and after-school care in a safe, supportive, and fun environment!
Preschool Before Care is available for any student from 7:30 am to 8:00 am. Students are dropped off in front of Walbrooke/Breiling, the main Lower School building, where they are greeted by Lower School faculty. Weather permitting, the students are supervised on the Lower School playground. In the event of inclement weather, students gather in a Lower School classroom where they can visit with friends, read, draw, or play games. Registration is not required for Before Care services.
Sandy Spring Friends Lower School partners with Kids After Hours for After Care for our Preschool-5th grade students. Highlights of the Lower School KAH After Care program include:
- Extended hours to 6:30 pm
- Themed monthly activities
- Full Day (8-4) care on professional days and professional development days when there are no classes for Lower School students
- Full Day (8-4) care for the SSFS spring break week and some of winter break
- Care on inclement weather closing days if Montgomery County Administrative offices are open
Aftercare Care Fees 2019-2020
Fees depend on the number of days your student is registered. The Aftercare Program through Kids After Hours is $4350 per student for full-time, full-year use 5 days a week. Families have the ability to select individual days of the week at a reduced rate. Drop-in rates for aftercare and full day care services are also available if needed. More information and online registration is available on the Kids After Hours website.