The Caroline Hallowell Worth Memorial Library in Yarnall Hall offers an inviting space for independent research, group work, and special events. Used by all three division, our library program seeks to foster a life-long love of learning while helping students foster age-appropriate 21st century skills. With resources available in print or in digital format, students and faculty have access to the tools they need whether they’re on campus, at home, or out exploring the world.
Our Library features:
- Electronic collections, both accessible on- and off-campus.
- Access to the Maryland’s Digital eLibrary Consortium
- 5 full-time and one part-time Inquiry Guides that serve as a bridge between the traditional and the technological.
- A computer lab for teaching and independent student use
- Three study rooms with tables and whiteboards for all students to utilize during the day, as well as for our dorm students to utilize during evening study halls.
- School supplies to help students complete class projects and homework
- Tables and reading nooks for studying
The library and educational technology specialists, known as Inquiry Guides (or IG Team for short), guide the SSFS community of learners in becoming caring and intentional users of ideas and information. It is in unity with both our brand pillars as well as SSFS’s mission statement.