College Counseling FAQs
If you have questions about the college process, you're not alone. Our College Counseling Department is here to help by providing answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about the college process including preparation, applications, selection, and more.
- What are the first steps in the college process?
- What standardized tests are required for college, and when do students take them?
- How many colleges should students apply to?
- How do students determine the right fit or match for college?
- How important is the college visit?
- What are the primary college deadlines?
- What is Maia Learning?
- How do I get my transcript and recommendation letters sent to colleges?
- How do I get a teacher letter of recommendation, and who should I ask to write for me?
- What role do interviews play in the application process? Should I interview at all the schools I apply to?
- What is the SSFS school code?
- Should families and students attend a college fair?
- What is a mid-year report?