SSFS Kindness Rocks
A project called by many names: Painted Rocks, Random Acts of Kindness, Kindness Rocks, and now SSFSRocks! A small random act of kindness, these painted rocks are popping up everywhere to bring a smile, a giggle, and/ or a hope.
Groups or individuals can participate by painting rocks with a design uniquely chosen by you with the goal of making someone else happy. Add #SSFSRocks on the back and, if there's enough room, include www.ssfs.org/rocks. Then hide them in plain sight, but in an unexpected place and wait until they are discovered.
Have you found a Kindness Rock?
Post your photo on your personal social media accounts
If you have an account on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, share a photo of you and your kindness rock and include the hashtag #ssfsrocks.
Upload your photo to Vidigami
If you are a current SSFS student, parent, or faculty/staff member, you can upload your photo to Vidigami.
Steps to make #SSFSROCKS:
- Find rocks that talk to you
- Design your rock and gather your supplies
- Paint it a new color(s) or leave plain
- Add a message or wish if desired
- Put www.ssfs.org/rocks and/or #ssfsrocks on the back
- Spray with polyurethane varnish, or modpodge
- Hide your rock, posting a riddle and photograph if desired
- Place your rock anywhere outside on the SSFS campus or in the greater community! None should be hidden inside buildings.
Make it a Community Activity! Invite your family and friends to a rock painting evening at your home
- Rocks of various sizes
- Small bottles of acrylic paint, any leftover house paint, even nail polish works!
- Acrylic paint pens
- Cans of spray paint
- Paint brushes
- A can of water-based polyurethane varnish
- Sharpie pens, while inexpensive, permanent, colorful and abundant, fade quickly when in the elements. They also bleed when varnished.